Sunday, August 17, 2008

etsy

Have you checked out the website etsy.com? It's an interesting little place where people sell things that they make. You can find all kinds of cute things there. I love personalized and monogrammed things, especially to give as gifts or to use in my home, and boy do they have a selection. I like it better than ebay for a couple of reasons. One, it seems more personal. Two, you aren't bidding nor is the seller trying to gouge you with shipping costs. I don't know how much etsy charges to post things for sell, but it has to be cheaper than ebay which has gotten ridiculous and has driven sellers there to inflate shipping costs with that ever-annoying "handling" fee. What is a handling fee, anyway???? Anyway, check it out. I found some really neat stuff there this morning that I plan on ordering for a fraction of the costs that I have been able to find it in a store or online from the manufacturer.

On another note, we are no longer homeowners. At least for now. Steve moved everything out of our house this weekend and into a storage building so it is ready for the next move.

Steve was contacted by three more churches this week. Every time one of them call, they always say his preaching cd put him at the top of their list. He can preach, and I have really come to appreciate that fact over this past year as we've had the opportunity to hear some really horrible preaching. I am still shocked as to how some of these preachers actually got jobs! I know that's awful, but for real..... and you know I am nothing if not real! We still believe that we will end up in SC. I wish the vote was sooner, I'm ready to move on.

1 comment:

Julie K. said...

I'm not ready for you to move on!!!! :^( But I know you have to follow God's will...I wouldn't want you not to do that. I'd just rather be selfish and keep you here.