First, weight watchers: stayed the same. This is good news, at least I didn't gain. We'll see if I can't drop another pound this week.
So, I am frustrated. With the process, with the uncertainty, with the wondering. Who could have ever guessed that doing the right thing would come back to haunt us more than once! Most of you know that when Steve was the pastor at the church in KY, the local association asked our church to leave because we believed and they didn't in "alien immersion." This was a term that was "alien" to me when we moved there. Our church was in the process of joining a new association there, and Steve was on the board of that association, when we left. The new association was a group of churches, who like us, believed that if a person was baptized by immersion, after salvation, they should not have to be baptized again in a baptist church in order to join. Since, after all, Jesus was not baptist!
This has once again become an issue. For what, I have NO idea. Now, this wouldn't be such a big deal to me except for a few things:
1. I have already mentioned to my principal that I will probably be leaving (no, she didn't start dancing!) and so now I have to tell her that I won't be leaving at the end of Sept, but probably will leave at some point this school year.
2. Our lease is up in October, and I really didn't want to have to stay here!
These are two selfish, selfish things to write, I know. BUT, this is my blog and my thoughts.
So, we have begun sending out resumes again. Steve is still being contacted several times a week by churches, and for the past 2-3 weeks has either been putting them off or telling them he wasn't interested because we really, truly believed that we were going to SC.
When we get where we are going, all of this will make sense, I know. God has a plan, I know. However, my prayer to Him over the last 24 hours has been, Can't something be easy???? Why are our talents being wasted?
Sorry for the downer post, but I am frustrated!
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment