Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not for the squeamish!

Well, the week finally ended, and let me say that Friday was horrible at school. Of course, I cried all day and at the end of the day as I walked the kids to the bus, they were yelling out the window, "don't leave us, Mrs. Leigh!" That was NOT helpful! I made it to my van where Steve and the kids were waiting to leave for SC and we were off.

I wasn't expecting any traffic on I-20 b/c we left at 2:50, and when we got on it, it was bumper to bumper. There had been a wreck on 285, and that was backing up I-20. We got free from that, and I thought things were going to calm down, and that I would be able to relax for a minutes and get my thoughts together. **side note** keep in mind from this moment forward that I had eaten only things that contained sugar (which does really bad things to my brain!) and I had the shakes and was irritable.

We stopped in Madison for a bathroom break and to get a snack. I didn't really have to go to the bathroom, but I thought I'll go ahead and maybe we won't have to stop again. Here's where the real fun began! The bathroom was really busy, and the next available stall when it was my turn was exited by a mom and her two little boys. She kind of gave me a look (like check the seat!), and so I did check it, but to my suprise it was clean. "Good!" I thought. That happens to be one of my pet peeves, people who don't wipe the seat clean after they have peed all over it--like I want to have to do that for you. So I proceed..........only when I stand up and pull up my pants, they are SOAKED WITH RANDOM WOMAN'S BOYS PEE!!!!! I didn't think to check the floor. So here I stand, Stevie has left the bathroom, I am alone. Finally, Steve sent Stevie in to check on me, she goes and gets my jeans out of the car and we are, once again, off on our adventure.

**Remember**still have NOT eaten.

At this point, I am not in a happy place. We decide to stop in Augusta to get a room for the night ( and so I can shower) and we check into the Country Inn and Suites on Washington RD. I go in to take my shower and....THERE'S NO WATER!! Apparently, a water line had broken and there was no water anywhere. We drove down Washington Rd to check other places, the traffic was horrendous, and I finally gave up and got back on I-20.

Thankfully, the evening did improve when we stopped in Lexington and stayed at the Wyndham which was great, and ate at the Chili's which was excellent!

On Saturday, we unloaded the car and van, unpacked boxes and went to the church's Fall Festival where the vast majority of the people had NO idea who we were! All-in-all, fun times! (NOT)

No comments: