Actually, Steve's birthday was yesterday. However, this has been my first opportunity to sit down and write. What do you say about the person who is the most important in your life, for whom your heart beats?
God smiled the day Steve was born 41 years ago. He knew that He had made someone special, someone who would serve Him no matter the cost. Someone who would accept that call and use it to inspire and comfort people. Someone who would love with a heart so large that it could never be filled--always making room for one more. Someone who would put others first without regard to his own needs or wants.
Then. God knew that He could trust this someone special with a task so large that no ordinary man could handle it.........He introduced him to ME! I was the blessed one the day Steve was born, because God knew that He would send him to me, for me. I love Steve more every day, and appreciate the ways that he shows his love to me (he finds new ways constantly). He is selfless, loyal, trustworthy, passionate, and the list goes on and on. But for me, he is the one who gently holds my heart in his hands and helps me be a better person.
My beloved, you are the world to me! You are an amazing father, uncle, brother-in-law, neighbor, pastor, friend, and husband. Without you, I would be lost at sea, drifting. Thank you for being you! Happy Birthday, my sweet.....I'm glad you're mine!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Steve! He has been a great dad to Shea, even though he didn't have to be. That speaks to the man he is...he would have never been anything but Shea's dad. Also, on a less sappy note, he was always nice to me :). Lots of dads tend to be grumpy, but he wasn't. I knew I was always welcome in your home.
Post a Comment