This week, I am reading Under the Sabers The Unwritten Code of Army Wives by Tanya Biank. I got this for Christmas because it is the book that the Lifetime show Army Wives is based on.
It is the story or really stories of several army families written by a reporter. All of the families were, at the time, stationed at Fort Bragg. It gives true insight into the lives of these women who must raise children and handle issues oftentimes alone because their husbands are off doing their duty. I have a lot of respect for military families. They are seriously underpaid and underappreciated.
Some of the stories in the book are triumphant, and some tragic (one of the soldiers is killed while overseas). If you like true accounts of real people, you would probably like this book. It's an easy read--very engaging and compelling (you get a real sense of who these people are).
I also started a Bible study this week, Jesus, by Beth Moore. Not really a Beth fan, but thought I would give this book a chance. It's a ninety day study on Jesus, and really, how can you not like that topic?? Today was my first day, so we'll see how it goes.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm not a big Beth Moore fan either. I mean, I like what she says in some of her books, but I hate how she says it. She's so cheesy!! Hope you guys are doing well. I keep up with your blog. I was so glad I got to spend time with Shea, just me and her. It was like old times. Love you guys!
Post a Comment