I used various forms communication to gather the data involved in these posts. I formed a facebook forum in my inbox on my facebook page to gather comments from teachers at AWES. I also used two polls from google polls. The polls were not as useful as I had hoped they would be, but the conversation and information gathered through meetings, email, and Facebook really gave me a view of the media center through other's eyes. I also met with the media specialist about changes, vendors, and policies. Some of the policies are not easily changed as they are district or school mandates.
I decided to focus my attention on revamping the current facility rather than designing a larger ms since that is probably not going to happen anytime soon. While the suggestions that I made cost money, the improvements can be made using the current furniture and extra materials already in the school. I also showed my plan to a committee designed just recently to help the administration improve the use of the mc. They liked a lot of the suggestions made, and plan to use some of these to make the mc more kid-friendly and inviting.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment