Tuesday, January 12, 2010

OVERVIEW: AWES

The Douglas County school system is comprised of twenty elementary, eight middle, and five high schools. Annette Winn Elementary is one of those schools located in Lithia Springs, GA. Annette Winn is a Title 1 school consisting of approximately four hundred eighty students. The school is highly transient. The demographics of the student population are: 55% African American, 22% Hispanic, 15% Caucasian, 6% Multi-racial and 1% Asian. The majority of the student body (74%) is economically disadvantaged, and 10% have some type of disability. The school has twenty-nine regular classroom teachers, one full-time and one part-time ESOL teachers, one special education teacher, one speech therapist, one guidance counselor, and four special area teachers, one media specialist, and one media clerk. The school also employs one community liaison who works with a small budget to supplement the efforts in reaching the ESOL community, primarily Hispanic. Class sizes are within state guidelines for a Title 1 school with classes averaging twenty students.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey,
I stumbled over your blog today and I just had to tell you I'm enjoying your blog. Your awesome. I became a follower and I'm looking forward to keeping up and leaving comments. I hope you will check out both my blogs, and become a follower. I have a button, and I'd like to add you to my blog roll. I hope you have a lovely weekend. God Bless You and Yours

http://diaryofhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Infertility Blog: http://ourjourneythrufaith.blogspot.com/

Love,
Jess