Monday, April 14, 2008

spring break recap

Alas, spring break is over. Back to work!

We had a lot of appointments. You know, those kind of things that are hard to get done when you work every day..... dentist, doctor, and such. The girls and I did get hair cuts which was great. We tried a new place, and were very pleased with Sam at Charmaines. She was really nice, and did a great job even on Stevie's hair which is not an easy thing to do.
Shea and Stevie went to see The Lion King with Aunt Tracy. This was their first time to see a play like that, and they both loved it. I had already seen it on Broadway, so I gave my ticket up. They said that the seats were great.
We watched a lot of movies, and discovered a new tv series that we like, Ghost Whisperer. I always just thought it was creepy, but it wasn't half bad. We also saw August Rush which I had been wanting to see forever. I liked it. It was a little slow, but I thought it was good. We watched American Idol and were as shocked as the rest of America when the hunky Michael Johns was eliminated, and Ryan Seacrest once again made a rear of himself.
We went to Splatter and painted pottery. We took Sam with us, and he was not so impressed. i made the mistake of telling him that we would take him to see Horton Hears a Who when everyone was finished painting, and he was determined that we not be late! Stevie and Luke made good on that promise with him while Shea and I got in some retail therapy. Shea discovered Ulta which might come back to haunt me.
Shea leaves today. We are all sad to see her go, and I know she is anxious to what she might be going back to. Hopefully, she will see the error of her ways, and come here permanently soon!!
All in all, it was a good week. I am looking forward to summer. First grade has been a challenge~I'm glad I did it, but also grateful that there's only 34 days left.

No comments: