Thursday, April 10, 2008

What the heck?

What the heck is a blog, anyway? That's what I wanted to know when I started hearing about blogging while attending the southern baptist convention a couple of years ago. I stumbled upon a blog that some disgruntled members of a large church had started and my journey into the blogosphere began. Since then, I have encountered numerous people who have shared their innermost thoughts and who needed prayers. I was happy to oblige and become entangled in their story. Some of them were more compelling than others. I anxiously awaited the birth of Copeland, a trisomy 18 baby, and then after she was born rushed home from work to see her progress during the eight days that she shared her life with the world. There were other babies like her that I followed and prayed for, and now there are Gunner and Brayden whom I continue to pray for as their families work through the horrible diagnosis of a brain tumor.

Sometimes Steve will ask what I am doing on the computer, and I am embarrased to tell him that I am, once again, reading the story of someone who needs to pour out her soul. Sometimes, I cry, and other times, I am able to laugh.

Acts 5:15 says, "....they would carry the sick out into the streets and lay them on beds and pallets so that when Peter came by, at least his shadow might fall on some of them." The Spirit of God was so indwelled in Peter at this time in his life, that he had a "healing shadow." That's how I want to live my life~~ as a "healing shadow" for others. It may just be saying a prayer for people whom I will never meet but will know through their words on a blog, or it may be a card for a friend going through divorce or serious life change. Our healing shadow can come from any act of kindness that we do based on the principles that God left us in His book. The question I ask myself today and that I ask of you is, "What the heck is your healing shadow going to do?"

Here are some of the blogs that I visit daily to check up on the progress. I encourage you to take a look and say a prayer:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/gunnergillespie

www.caringbridge.org/visit/braydenharrell

http://www.cfhusband.blogspot.com/

No comments: