Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gunner

Little Gunner went to meet Jesus this afternoon. Please pray for his parents and sister as they grieve a loss that is unimaginable. I was totally shocked when I checked his site and began to read his guestbook entries and realized that people were leaving condolences. Janna, his mom, never really indicated on his site that the end was so near. A lot of the time the site was about how she felt, and not necessarily how Gunner was. The other day she said that someone had said to her that maybe she needed to take a class to help her understand that the end was near. To that person I say, "What?" How can a person take a class in coming to grips with your loved one dying especially your child. I cannot imagine!

So, tonight Marshall County is heartbroken for this family. Gunner's train took him home, much too soon, but how wonderful his meeting with Jesus must have been. Many precious angels have gone on in the past several weeks, so there is probably a lot of laughter up there now. I can just see all of those kids who had been unable to play, running and jumping around making Jesus smile. Pray for the Gillespies to truly feel the hand of God on their shoulder in the coming weeks. There really is no comfort...no words to offer......

No comments: