We raced through downtown Atlanta with Tracy, my sister-in-law, at the wheel squealing through the back roads (I don't know does Atlanta really have back roads??? a quandry) trying to get us to the Fox in time for Wicked. As we arrived I, having a very saggy bladder these days, of course had to go to the bathroom. There was an usher standing at the bottom of the stairs yelling, "two minutes, two minutes, you can't get in until ten minutes after the show starts if you are late"~~~~~ so, I raced down the stairs and back up again and into the balcony to find my seat to the show. Do you think for one minute that the show actually started on time??????????? NO, NO, NO...... at least I had a few minutes to catch my breath. (Unbeknownst to me at the time, I couldn't catch my breath because the meds that I have been taking to help me lose weight were reaking havoc on my heart which was why it was racing, and not the stairs as I thought). SO, I settled into my seat, which by the way, was great! That first balcony eliminates the possibility that an amazon will sit in front of you blocking your view.
The show is fantastic although slow at the beginning, and there is a wonderful segment where the wicked witch seems to "fly" (great effects!), and it is kinda scary. Well, out of the corner of my eye, I see this green light flashing...thinking to self....she's cast a spell on me...only to be disappointed when I realize it is Billy's blueberry or blackberry or some kind of fruity thing that one uses to make a call, email, read a book, or something...I don't know, can't afford one and even if I could, couldn't use it! (forget the fact that the text is so small that I could never see it anyway).
The girl who played the wicked witch was really, really good. She was very convincing, and at times, I found myself feeling sorry for her! The one who played Guh-linda (she happened to be the understudy), was an excellent comedic actress, but her voice left much to be desired. She was good, don't get me wrong, she wouldn't be up there if she was horrible, but I would like to see the show when the regular actress was playing the part. The music is very catchy,especially the song "Popular." The girls have already downloaded the soundtrack from itunes.
A very pleasant evening, really. I'd highly recommend it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment