I have these things that I like to call "heart prints". These are moments that others give to you that make you feel special or loved. I try to give these often to my coworkers, friends, family, etc., but a lot of times I receive them instead.
As I prepare to leave my school, I have been thinking about the "heart prints" that I have received. Over the last 16 months, I have grown to know and love the people at AWES. Many of them have touched me with their kindness. I wanted to share a few examples:
From Julie K. who randomly brought me a cake last year because she knew that my kids were coming to visit.
From Susie S. who said, "I wish you were my neighbor this year. I really enjoyed working with you last year."
From Tiana P. who blurted out this morning, "Please don't leave."
From an unnamed person who told me how impressed they were at how the kids responded to me when I was reading to them! (you have no idea how much that meant to me!!)
From Amy B. who drove around with me to keep me company before a social.
This list is ENDLESS, and I can't possibly type them all, but my heart is larger because of the generosity of so many. Heart prints make your heart grow by reminding you that others value and love you.
My hope and prayer is that I have left some "heart prints" for you. I value you and the work that you are doing very much. The next two weeks are going to prove to be very difficult for me, so I probably won't talk much about the leaving.......I prefer instead to think about the friends and memories I have made.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment