Friday, April 3, 2009

Random enounter

"Can I ask you a question?" This began a 45 minute theological discussion in the candy aisle at Wal-Mart last night. What was the question? you ask. Well, let's not keep it simple, let's go for the gold right from the get-go......"What is evil?"

This came from a clean-cut, nice looking, innocent, young Bible College student who was wielding a notebook and pen. He said he was doing personal research.......random! After the BIG question, he began asking Steve question after question and they talked and talked and talked and talked...until finally, we had to leave to pick up Stevie. We didn't even have time to purchase the candy we went in there for (to finish stuffing Easter eggs).

So, innocent encounter..........or was it? Around 2 AM, as I am heading off to bed after several hours of school work, my BAU (Behavioral Analysis Unit) training from the show Criminal Minds takes effect. I begin to picture our innocent young friend (to whom Steve gave out all of our personal information) as a serial killer targeting fat people in the candy aisle! I replay our conversation with said person and convince myself that I better stand guard with phone at the ready in case he shows up.

Irrational, I know........................................

No comments: