Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes, I don't feel very thankful. At those times, I try to focus more on all of the things that are wonderful in my life.

This week, I am thankful for.....

1. my marriage- I married my best friend. I wanted a husband, prayed for the RIGHT husband, and God answered my prayer. We met on Feb. 13; got engaged on Apr. 1; and got married on Aug. 4. I don't think many thought those were wise decisions, but for us, there was never a doubt.

2. beautiful examples of love- we have several couples in our church who have been married a long time, but one in particular provides a beautiful example of what LOVE truly is. They have been married since 1941 (give or take a year). They haven't spent very many nights apart in all of that time, and you can still see the love in their eyes when they look at each other. Their lives have been blessed with one another, and without one, I don't know how the other will carry on. They truly "complete each other".

3. school- I love to learn, and I am grateful for the opportunity to be in grad school at this time. It gives me a sense of purpose separate from Steve and his job; the kids and their activities. It's something that is completely mine.

4. having a front seat to God's work- God is really working in our church, and I get to see every day and in every way what He is doing. Amazing!! I love watching Him work!

Is that all, you ask? Well, of course not, but I have to save something for next Thurday! We all have things to be thankful for even when we have to look a little harder to find them.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15

No comments: