Steve and I went to see the movie, Fireproof by Sherwood Pictures today. It's great, and I would highly recommend it. Watching this movie made me all the more grateful for the marriage that I have with my partner, friend, lover, husband. I know that he was picked out especially for me, and only because of that have we had the amazing relationship that we have enjoyed for the last 18 years. I look forward to many more years to come!
However, I know that there are many of you who have marriages that are less than stellar. For you, there is hope. This movie provides a clear picture of what I know goes on in many households...couples not communicating, forgetting the reasons that they got together in the first place, not looking out for the best interests of each other, saying things that can never be taken back, and the list goes on and on. God can heal that relationship. He is the only one who can change your heart and that of your spouse. I encourage you to check out The Love Dare. I may actually take that dare myself, because while my marriage is strong, all relationships take work and can always be improved upon. Don't give up on yourself or your spouse. It is worth the work!! You deserve it, and so does your spouse. I know you can do it......I'll be happy to pray with you or for you....don't be afraid (even though it is very scary)......I'll stand behind you. Vows are meant to be taken seriously. Covenants shouldn't be treated lightly or broken because things aren't easy. Come on....TAKE THE DARE!! (click on link on the right to read more about it) Marriage is fun!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment