Saturday, September 27, 2008

Miracles

I have been following the story of Misty LeBlanc through her husband's blog. Misty had stage IV brain cancer, and was basically sent home to die back in July. The doctors told her husband, Darren, that she had about two weeks to live. Darren and Misty never believed the doctors, and against the odds she lived until this week. They truly believed that God had chosen to heal Misty of this awful disease, and day after day as I read his blog, I began to believe it too. She did seem to be getting better. However, she received the ultimate healing this week when she went home to Jesus.

I appreciate the faith of her husband, and hope that in the days to come, when the grieving process truly sets in, that he will continue to see what a gift he received by Misty being allowed to live those extra weeks. They were able to spend some precious, quality time with their two year old daughter and each other. I do hope that he continues to update his blog....I am always amazed by the strength of those who lose their life's companion. I don't think I would have that same endurance. Yes, life goes on...but in such a different way.

I wish they had received their miracle. I believe in miracles, and have often prayed that in my lifetime I would witness the miraculous. I see miracles in everyday life, but I am talking about something HUGE that would scream to the world....He's Alive! Like raising Lazarus from the dead, big!! I'll keep praying...there are lots of people who need those big miracles..like the children with brain tumors.

Pray for Gunner today, he is struggling with a lot of symptoms that the kids have towards the end. Pray for Cooper and Andrew. All three of these beautiful boys need that miracle. Pray for the five families whose children died this week in the DIPG community. It's been rough for them. Pray for and kiss the children who live in your house right now and thank God that they are healthy and you are blessed. To me, that is a miracle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post.