Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the end is near

Ha!! I bet you thought I meant the end of time. Not so! All of us who are teachers know exactly what I meant. 17 more days with our students. It's a tiring, stressful, glorious time. Everyone is ready to be done, but it does hold some sense of sadness.
This year, I leave behind 12 first graders--who I hope learned something! They are funny and precocious; and while I hate to say good-bye, I think I'll be glad to see them go.
I also will leave behind a wonderful team of teachers as I graduate to fourth grade (they haven't made it yet!). They made this year doable for me. I remember when I first met them...my impressions were NOTHING like they really are, and with that statement, I want to pay tribute to my coworkers who I am overjoyed to call my FRIENDS.
Amy- ms. teacher-of-the-year!! That's not intimidating at all. You work way too hard to make life easier for everyone else, and the worst part of it is... you make it seem easy. Your students were under your magic spell almost immediately, and so was I. Describing you is easy.. sweet, dependable, loving, sympathetic, caring....the list goes on and on, but Amy, really you are one amazing person who allows the love of God to shine through her in all aspects of her life. I see the example that you set for those who do not know the Lord and am proud that I know you. Thank you for everything, without your support this year, I honestly don't think that I would have made it. You are a shining star, and I am blessed to know you.
Julie K~~ thank you for welcoming me that first day when I literally did not know how to set up my room for first grade. You are patient and kind to your students as well as to those with whom you work. Thanks for being willing to share everything that you had with me even your free time! You are a jewel fit for a "king"(that's probably why Mike chose you!!), and I am grateful for your presence in my life.
Julie R~~ OMG what can I say?? You have made the drama in my life seem oh, so, pathetic! haha! I cannot tell you how much I am going to miss you. I hate that you are leaving, and yet I know it is what is best for you. I wish you the very best, my friend~~I love you, and will continue (for 17 days at least) to cover your butt!!
Sheila... I have really learned to admire you this year. Your grace through adversity has been amazing. I know I've scared you--me, LOUD....you, QUIET! BUT, you've handled it really well. You are a wonderful woman, and since Julie is leaving, we will now need for you to find a man and keep us posted. We won't know how to act without the drama!
Carol--I wish your year had gone better. I wish you well on your retirement and hope that you will enjoy all that is to come.
I love you guys...and will leave you with this final thought*******

Jesus understands every weakness of ours, because he was tempted in every way that we are. But he did not sin! So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our merciful God. There we will be treated with undeserved kindness, and we will find help. Heb. 4:15-16

My prayer is that I can be like Jesus and give to you one day when you are in need of kindness, help, or just someone to pray for or with you. I am here for you, with or without the details of your circumstances to lift your name before the throne or give a hug or maybe just a laugh. I praise my loving Father who chose Annette Winn first grade for me. When I am lost, He places me where I need to be!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty,
What can I say...you are AWESome (will I ever be able to write that word normal?)! I have been so blessed to have you in my life this year. You are so right when you talk about our team...we really have been blessed with people so easy to get along with! I feel especially thankful for you though...not only cause you cover my "rear" all the time- but because you lift me up and make me laugh...on a daily basis. I am truly sad when I look across the hall and you aren't there! I have had quite the year of ups and downs and you have been there for me through all of them. I love the way you are understanding and kind- yet you have no problem telling me "are you crazy"! You are a true friend in every sense of the word. I am always amazed at how God puts special people in your life...Patty--you have been one of those very special ones! You are an incredible teacher, a great friend, a team player, and just plain fun to be around! I am going to miss you next year but I promise to keep you up to date on the "drama" in my life....hey- maybe I'll get a blog too! THANKS for EVERYTHING you have done for me this year! I love you!
Julie

Amy said...

Patty....
Thank you so much for your kind words! I always enjoy reading your blogs because you have such a special talent - your writing is entertaining & touching. I am really blessed to have you as a team member & friend! You always cheer me up & give great advice. I know that God moved you here for many reasons - you have touched many lives. You have done a great job with your class this year - your students (and my daughter) love you. Also, you have been a great team member - you have given us some great ideas. I am sad that you are moving to 4th Grade next year but I know that you will do a great job & touch many lives there too.I'm looking forward to our team lunch - it's going to be fun -yet sad that a lot of us are going in different directions next year.
Thanks again - see you tomorrow.
Lots of Love, Amy

Julie K. said...

Thanks...sniff, sniff...I'm wiping tears away. ily2!!(Do you speak teenager??) Don't move to fourth grade! What will we do w/out you? Who will express our thoughts for us in meetings? You know Amy, Sheila, and I can't do it! Who will make us laugh like crazy? If Julie is/was the drama, you were our sense of humor. (I mean are...it's not like you're dead or anything...) I hate for you to move up...but at least we can be buddies next year. :^) You really have been an important part of our team family. It won't be the same with you and Julie gone. And now I am really, really sad...

Lindsay said...

patty, I'm so glad to see that you've met some really great people with your new job. You are a blessing to them as you were to us. HOWEVER, I'm a little upset that you didn't feel and therefore express those feelings to us after you left the bank! HA just kidding. You really are a good friend. Hope you enjoy your summer, and keep writing your blog 'cause I check it at least once a week. I'm a little bored here at home :) Love ya,
Lindsay