Tuesday, May 27, 2008

puzzle day


Today was puzzle day in the first grade. I got some pics of the kiddos working their puzzles, and hopefully I will learn how to put those on this site. They had a good time, and were disappointed that they didn't get to do all of the different kinds of puzzles that we had planned. I guess the day was too short for them.

There were other things that were puzzling today, so it was aptly named. We got our first grade CRCT scores, and I was puzzled as to how my class did so well. Believe you me, I was relieved. I was puzzled as to why my teammate was down about her scores~~ you have to look at your class and what they are ready to learn (teacher will remain nameless, she knows who she is!! haha). That is why I don't like standardized testing. NOT ALL CHILDREN HAVE THE SAME STANDARD!!

I was puzzled as to why the city of Atlanta is too stupid to do something about the traffic. It took me an hour and a half to get home. I sat in line for forty minutes waiting to merge onto 400. What is that about?

I was puzzled as to what the heck that iconic foot bath is. Wellspa across the street from our school offered free 60 minute services to all of the teachers. Way cool! BUT, the question remains, is that foot bath on the up and up? The woman says to me, after mine is finished, the water is black~~you must have had beer or wine this weekend. WHAT? That made no sense. However, it was free and it came with a 30 minute massage by the talented and very gifted Angela. She is amazing, comparable to Montique, my regular masseuse. Her style was completely different from his, and just as great.

I guess that was the end of my puzzlement. Well, unless you count the question, Why are we still in school????????? 3 MORE DAYS

No comments: