Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends! This is always a bittersweet weekend for me. I am a mom, and love it....but my own mom, who I didn't appreciate when she was here, isn't with us anymore. It's hard to believe that it's been 15 years.
For those of you that don't know my story.....here it is:
My mom had issues, and as a result, I guess I did too. I always loved her, but for some reason we didn't really connect. I regret that I didn't try harder. She got sick when I was pregnant with Shea. After several years of tests and mis-diagnosis, it was discovered that she had contracted hepatitis. She endured 3 separate liver transplant, and suffered silently through the majority of what she went through. I watched her faith in God grow to a level that I had never seen from her, and I watched my parents truly love each other for the first time in my life. What she went through was horrible, but what came from that was of God, and therefore good. I know she sits in heaven with Jesus today holding the baby that Steve and I lost 14 years ago. It's the only grandchild besides Shea that she got to know. I've always taken comfort in that.
To my friends who desperately want children or who want more children (please do not become the Duggars and have 18 of them b/c that is just creepy!), know that my love pours out to you. I cannot understand the depth of your emptiness, but God can. He holds you this weekend more than others!
To my friend Laraine: Congratulations! I know how proud you are of Erin. This has to be a bittersweet day for you as she graduates from UGA and moves on to the next phase of her life. You have taught her well and it shows in her poise and grace.
To Tracy, my sister-in-law: You have two very important little people in your care. Help them grow to be men who are honorable and who live for and love God above all others.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you precious people who hold the future of our leaders in your hands! We have been given an awesome responsibility~~let us use this opportunity wisely for the Lord and His glory!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment