Monday, May 26, 2008

memorial day

I am uber-patriotic. I love my country, and appreciate the men and women who have given their lives to make sure that I live free. I am the kind of American who tears up when patriotic songs are played and especially when troops are honored. We went to Stone Mountain last night for the laser show. Lee Greenwood was in concert and he sang his signature song, Proud to be an American. The laser show is great!

Stone Mountain is a wonderful family attraction. It's affordable, which makes it one of my favorites~and it's a place that kids love. We crashed on the lawn with our blankets, book, and cards waiting for the show to begin and watching the people (one of my favorite things to do). It was great and I highly recommend it.

Since today is Memorial Day, I wanted to say to all of those who have served and to all of the families who have lost loved ones or whose loved ones are serving now ~THANK YOU! My family appreciates you.

BTW~ 4 more days!!

No comments: