Wednesday, May 28, 2008

loss

Little Brayden, whose site is listed on the side, passed away last night. I didn't know this family, but had begun to follow them when I saw that they were from Georgia. I cannot imagine the anguish that his parents and brother must be feeling. I know that when I lost my dad, the sorrow was so powerful that I literally could not form words to pray for comfort or peace. I know that in those moments, the Holy Spirit intervened for me. Obviously, one of those times the Bible talks about.

I pray peace and comfort for this precious family, knowing that they will not truly feel those things for a long time. How does one get over something like this? I don't know, we shouldn't have to bury our children. This is two weeks in a row that my heart has poured out these prayers for a family. The Chapmans being the first, of course. We know Judy, Steven's mom, from KY. His grandparents went to our church there, and he was the oldest deacon. I know Judy must be heartbroken, she is a really sweet person.

God is our only comfort in times such as these, but when it is your loved one, those words ring hollow a lot of the time. May He provide exactly what they need in this time, and may His peace be theirs as well.

No comments: