I know, yesterday's post was a little heavy. It was just something I felt led to do. You know, that overwhelming sense sometimes that Jesus is standing beside you whispering in your ear, you can't ignore that!
BUT, a little lightheartedness is certainly in order. Last night, we went bowling. Over at the the Brunswick Zone in Norcross, where the games are 99 cents on Thursday nights (because it costs too much otherwise at 4.79 a game!). I watched! I can just see my big butt up there swinging that ball and dropping it on my toe. Luke tried to bowl without using the fingerholes. It almost got ugly. He quickly realized that he wasn't ready for that. On the lanes next to us, the guys were bowling that way. They must have been really strong.
Afterwards, we went to get ice cream at McDonalds. This may not sound funny to you, but Steve has a problem with drive-thrus. The person working the drive-thru (by this I mean all of them not just this McDonalds) generally refers to him as Ma'am or they can't hear his order, or they get it wrong, etc., etc., etc. I always end up laughing, but last night, Steve had a plan. He worked at McDonalds as a teenager, so he is wise to their ways and knew that they generally clean the ice cream machine around 10. So, he thought he would head off potential problems by asking, "Is your ice cream machine up and running?" As you can imagine, this caused the worker at the window to pause~and go and get another worker to ask if he could help us which set me into a hysterical laughing spasm that lasted way too long. Poor Steve, the man cannot catch a break, especially at the drive thru.
We are just trying to suck all fun out of this weekend since it is technically the last free one before I start back to work on Monday. Seems like only yesterday that we got out! I'm excited, and yet not really ready to go back either. However, since I like to get paid, go back I will!
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment