Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our house

I know that many of you have been wondering about our house in KY. We did get a contract on it today, and that's the good news. The bad news is that it was originally put up for sale one year ago for 179,900 and all of the real estate agents who came through agreed with this price. However, as time passed and no offers came (and very little foot traffic to even see it), we realized we had a problem. The market in western KY due to the lack of jobs and the overall economy up there was posing a problem. We lowered the price, then again, then again. When we had it down to being able to pay it off, pay the realtor fees, and walk away with about $5,000, we thought surely now we will sell. But NO! We have fallen victim to the worst mortgage crisis in recent history. We sold our house, yes, but for far less than we owe. I signed that contract today with a selling price of 121,000 and thought I was going to vomit. I know that we are to give thanks in all things. I am thankful that we were given the opportunity to live in our home for 2 years. I am thankful that God has taught me humility through this process. I AM THANKFUL, but I also grieve for the house that I loved, for my privacy, for the loss of being able to enjoy home ownership for an undetermined amount of time now. It is an unsettling thing, and yet, through it all, I want to give thanks. I know my God loves me.

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30

No comments: