I went to the school supply store today to look around and make a preliminary shopping list. Since I am teaching 4th grade this year, I don't want to go with anything too babyish. I remember when Luke started 5th grade, there was one teacher in particular that he did not want. It wasn't because she was mean or a bad teacher, oh no! It was because she had taught 1st grade the year prior. He figured that since she was a first grade teacher she would treat them all like babies. Now, I have no idea how long she had taught 1st grade or what the circumstances were behind her moving up, but she did not treat the kids like babies. Luke didn't have her, except for math, so he was happy, but I subbed for her a few times and I think she was fine. I don't want the students that will have me this year having that same fear and then being greeted with something "babyish". I might take Luke to the store with me to insure that won't happen.
I had big plans for the coming year at the end of last year. It literally took me several weeks to get out of teacher mode and into vacation mode. Now, I have eleven work days before I officially have to go back, and I can't seem to get my thoughts together! Figures, don't it? I want to make this a great year for everyone concerned (especially me) haha.
In the meantime, I want to cram as much fun as possible into the remaining days of summer. For me, that means movies, Braves games, swimming, and whatever else we can find to do. Enjoy!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment