Thursday, July 24, 2008

a prayer

Dear Lord,

tonight as I sit here, my heart is heavy for someone I don't even know. You know her situation, she has lost her father, her child is terminally ill, and she feels desperate and alone. I understand parts of her grief, Lord, and I ask that you wrap her in peace~the peace that only you can give. Grant this family the miracle that they want. I cannot begin to comprehend the despair that she must feel at this time knowing that her little boy will, more than likely, follow her father at too young an age, to the grave. I cry out for you to intervene like only you can. I ask that you surround little Cooper with healing hands. Pour out your love on his parents in such a way that they know you are right there in the room with them. Let them feel your presence like never before tonight, Lord. Let them know that you are the same God who turned water into wine, healed the blind man, made the lame to walk, and rose from the grave after three days. You are a God of miracles. My heart weeps for this mother who cries out that she cannot bear to let her son go especially knowing the void the death of her father has created in her heart and feeling the overwhelming grief that is associated with that. I cannot understand how she might bear that. Only you can intervene.
In you precious holy name I pray,
Amen

No comments: