Sunday, June 1, 2008

another blog

I finally talked Steve into blogging. His blog will be somewhat different from mine in that he will be doing Bible studies and commenting on issues in churches on his. I would encourage you to bookmark it and check it often. Once he gets going, I think there will be no stopping him!! He does love to talk. http://www.reallivepastor.blogspot.com/

On another positive note, tomorrow is my last day of post-planning. I finally get a much needed break, although I think I am going to take a part-time job at my favorite clothing store so that I can get the discount. That will give me a little something to do, and allow me to shop, shop, shop! I love doing that.

God is really working in our lives right now. He is teaching us about fear and how we need to fear Him more than anything else. Each of us has our own thing that we fear. For me, it is lack of security. I know that God has my life under control, and yet I don't live that way. I worry about what will happen next or what I should do next. It's so hard for me to let the control go and let God handle things for me. Waiting on Him is very difficult for me. Steve and I have a lot of decisions that need to be made, and we are trying to make sure that God guides those instead of allowing ourselves to panic and made snap decisions. More to come on all of this later, but for now I will remember..... "For I know the plans I have for you, saith the Lord. Plans for you to prosper and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope." (paraphrase) Jer. 29:11

1 comment:

Julie K. said...

I can't believe the year is over! I didn't know you were thinking about a part-time job. That must have come up before I got to lunch!!! Next year, i am NOT having lunch last!