Thursday, June 26, 2008

I am Jesus

This week has been one in which I have been tested in my faith and have wanted to snatch, yet again, control away from Him. Why is that? Will I ever learn? As I fell to my knees earlier this week when the problems were weighing me down, Jesus reminded me, simply, quietly, that HE is the one in charge and I need not worry.
Sometimes, I doubt. I know I shouldn't, and when the doubting gets too much, and I don't know what to pray, I simply ask for peace. He always gives it...even and especially in the midst of storms. He longs to fill me with peace, and He longs for me to maintain it. I can just see Him sitting on the throne, shaking his head, and wondering if I will ever learn. Will I? I certainly hope so because doubting is not fun for a christian. It replaces peace with anxiety.
I sometimes wonder how people make it through trials without knowing Him. It's in those times of doubt, however, that He sweetly reminds me of those three simple words, I am Jesus. Do we really need anything else?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (paraphrased)

No comments: