I use to love the Conway Twitty song, I love..... you know, little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, and rain. So, I wanted to remind myself what I love because yesterday was a sad day for me and I wasn't really able to get my thoughts together to write. I am so blessed and here's why.
I LOVE....
hearing children laugh
listening to Sam and Jack recite Where the Wild Things Are
playing cards with my family
laughing
being with my friends
musicals (especially Mama Mia and The Sound of Music)
good movies
curling up with a book (preferably one that doesn't require thinking) on a rainy day
teaching (adults and children)
holding hands with Steve
watching Stevie create and admiring the final product
when Luke randomly comes up to me and puts his face next to mine (he's 12, this does not happen often!)
seeing Shea smile (also does not happen often enough)
watching the joy a new christian has when they realize exactly what they have
helping others (this should be way up on the list as this is very dear to me)
When I stop and remember the good, the bad just shrinks away. Yesterday was sad as every Father's Day has been for since 2005 and I guess will be from now on. I try to keep it low key, and remember that God is the Father to the fatherless. My dad is at the feet of the Father. This brings me incredible joy and comfort, but does not take the hurt away. I still miss him. I always will, but he left me a legacy of love. He loved people, and so do I. He loved his family, and so do I. He loved the Lord, and so do I. What kind of legacy am I leaving for my family and those who walk behind me? I hope that it is one that will live on in a postive way. Hug your dad today. I know that Father's Day is over, but really, shouldn't we love every day?
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment